This post was created in collaboration between Lead Edge Capital and True, a data-driven recruiting firm with offices across the U.S. and in Europe.
Sample Interview Questions
- Cite examples of how you have driven change and improved the finance organization.
- How is your relationship with the CEO, Board and executive team and how do you work cross functionally across the organization?
- For public companies, how much of your role is focused internally managing the team or externally with investors?
- How would you describe your strength in the following areas: accounting, FP&A, treasury, M&A and international.
- As CFO, have you held broader responsibilities including HR, IT and facilities?
- What is your management style? Have people you worked with followed you to other jobs? Have people you recruited in your organization moved on to bigger roles?
- Do you consider yourself a “Strategic CFO” and what examples in your career lead you to that definition?
- Who owns and drives the business model in your company?