This post was created in collaboration between Lead Edge Capital and True, a data-driven recruiting firm with offices across the U.S. and in Europe.
ROLE: CTO/VP Engineering
Include 2-3 paragraph company and/or job description
- In partnership with the company’s founders, identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services as a web-based business, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
- Be the leader in technology trends and evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of the business.
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company’s services.
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all web-based services.
- Participate as a member of the senior management team in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organization’s resources are used responsibly, particularly in the areas of software development, office networks and computers, and telecommunications.
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments to assess and recommend technologies that support company organizational needs.
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide information security plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the company’s data and servers.
- Communicate the company’s technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organization’s investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders with regard to the company’s technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
- Ensure company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Develop and control the development and deployment annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations.
- Establish standards of performance and monitor conformance for staff (through performance review) and vendors (through service level agreements).
- Ensure the company’s internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with community expectations and applicable laws and regulations for privacy, security, and social responsibility.
- Promote achievement of the company’s business goals within a context of community collaboration by developing policies for sharing software code, technological innovation, business processes, and other intellectual property.
- Contribute to open source software development, standardization of technologies, and evolution of best practices by collaborating with peers outside the company, presenting at conferences, and writing for publication (online or offline).
- Minimum 5 years experience in an executive leadership role in a SaaS organization.
- Experience leading teams in a variety of structures and environments ranging from start- up to large-scale enterprise corporations.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences. Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
- Leader – strong track record for building a strong engineering culture and world-class development teams.
- Entrepreneurial with a high level of energy, and unrelenting drive to succeed and win.
- Highly Intellectual – Ability to think deeply and qualitatively about business problems, breaking down issues and presenting solutions.
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards.